Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Things have been busy

But are still going well. Jeremy and I have been going to the gym six days a week, which is not leaving me with a lot of free time. Winter is currently at her dad's for spring break. Last week I made a big batch of spaghetti sauce and a batch of lentil and mung bean dal in the crock pot, and we've been working on it since. We also made chicken teriyaki stir fry for dinner on Sunday, and some frozen seafood potstickers. They were not as good as my homemade ones I think, but pretty good for frozen.

I have been doing pretty well eating whole wheat, so I plan to stick with it. I am getting used to whole wheat pasta and I like it as much as regular pasta now.

We still have spaghetti sauce left. I think we'll have spaghetti for dinner night, and I'll have dal for lunches till it's gone. For breakfasts I've been making eggs, toast, sausage, smoothies, granola, and yogurt with fruit.

I'm finding it easier to stay in a budget. It's become pretty automatic, and I have figured out a lot of inexpensive recipes that work well within my time constraints. That leaves me thinking it might be time to end this blog. I will probably still keep track of spending on my phone or something. I'll put up a few more updates and continue tracking spending through the end of this month.

Here's what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: smoothie with banana, strawberries, blackberries, almonds  milk, yogurt and a PBJ with Dave's killer bread and low sugar raspberry jam
Lunch: left over dal and brown jasmine rice, two clementines, two whole wheat fig bars
Dinner: skipped, wasn't too hungry
Snacks/desserts: two pieces of PB fudge my boss brought me, a  lemon ALT bar, a serving of jalapeno cheddar
Beverages: water

No comments:

Post a Comment