Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter!

Hope yours is going well. This morning Jeremy and I walked over to near Volunteer park to pick up some food items I got from the Buy Nothing Group. The weather is beautiful today. I got two instant soup cups, a split pea and a vegetarian lentil, a sample size packet of hemp hearts, a box of whole wheat spaghetti, and 3 lbs of brown jasmine rice.

Then we went home and a friend came by for a late breakfast and board games. I made French toast and we topped it with the rest of some blueberry apple  compote Winter made yesterday to go with whole wheat blueberry pancakes. We also made devilled eggs with the eggs we dyed last night for Easter.

I think I will make granola today. Not sure yet what to make for dinner. I will be doing some crock pot meals this week as I will be working till 7:30 every night. I am planning spaghetti sauce with whole wheat spaghetti, and some kind of curried lentils or something. Maybe lentils, mung beans, and carrots with a tomato based curry. We can have brown rice with it.

Yesterday Winter and I did a bit of shopping. We went to Grocery Outlet and they had some awesome deals on cheese and yogurt.  I got 8 Greek yogurts, a pound of colby and 12 oz provolone for just under $4. We also spent $8 at Menchie's while we were out.

Winter wanted to spend some of her money on ordering a pizza, so we decided to let her buy her own, and Jeremy and I ordered one to split. We went with a thin crust, veggies on my half, and Jeremy got ham, chicken, jalapenos, mushrooms, and bell pepper on his.

Breakfast: whole wheat blueberry pancakes (from a mix), blueberry Apple compote
Lunch: left over chicken soup with rice and quinoa, grilled cheese sandwiches with colby and Jack
Dinner: two slices of veggie pizza
Snacks/desserts: plain frozen yogurt with mango strawberries and blackberries, chocolate covered marshmallow egg (was included free in a package I ordered)
Beverages: lime sparkling water, water


No comments:

Post a Comment