Friday, January 23, 2015

Wednesday

I had Wednesday off, and still managed to get very little done. I got one of my twice monthly massages, followed by acupuncture. Between the two of those things I bought  a mango banana Orchard Bar and a half pint of milk at Bartell's for about $2.

After acupuncture I went to Queen Anne for a bakery and cafe mystery shop, so I got to have lunch for free. I had some really good mac and cheese, and a double shot cappuccino. The cappuccino was really bitter. Not my style. I don't necessarily require sugar in my coffee, but I need enough dairy to cut the bitterness.

For dinner I used up some of the canned goods I recently got for free from the Buy Nothing group, and some languishing vegetables in the fridge, to make a big pot of soup. I used 1 bell pepper, 3 large mushrooms, and 1 zucchini, all finely chopped, a can of diced tomatoes, two cans of tomato sauce, 1 can of mixed vegetables, 1 can of garbanzo beans and an 8 oz bag of macaroni noodles. I added about 1.5 quarts of water, and seasoned it with garlic, dried onion, black pepper, sage  and red pepper flakes. There was a ton left over.

Breakfast: Orchard bar
Lunch: macaroni and cheese
Dinner: veggie and pasta soup
Snacks/desserts: apples with caramel cream cheese, pepper jack and turkey pepperoni
Beverages: milk, cappuccino, water

No comments:

Post a Comment