Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Busy few days

Monday was our 2 year anniversary. Jeremy met me after work on Sunday and we got frozen yogurt at Menchie's on our way home. We spent $12.23 on that. Jeremy bought me a new skillet and some candy from See's, which is exactly what I asked for. I got him an UP band from Jawbone. He's been walking a lot more, trying to get as many steps in as he can each day. On our anniversary he almost made it to 20,000 steps.


We picked up a few things here and there at QFC spread out over the last few days:

5 Lean Cuisines ($2.00 ea) $10.00
celery (lost the receipt) about $2.00
pint of half and half $1.49
Oatmeal Scotchie cookie dough $2.99
Morningstar Farms BBQ riblets and ground beef style (BOGO with a $1.00 coupon) $3.99
Sparkling water $.79
Cherry cream cheese danish $1.50

Total $22.76 (minus 3% from using gift card purchased on Raise) grand total $22.08

On Monday we took Joey to the walk in vet clinic because he has lost a couple of pounds. They ran some labs on him and our total for that visit was $152. They called yesterday and said that his thyroid is a little elevated so they want to do another test to determine if he needs treatment, which will cost around $80. We will have to figure out when we will both be free to take him in while they are open.

After that we went to IHOP for lunch. I had a buy one entree get one free coupon. I also bought a $10 gift card off of raise for $9.30. All together, including tax and tip, we spent $23.98. Jeremy got chicken fried steak and a bowl of baked potato soup. I got jelly donut pancakes.


That was the only real meal we had on Monday. It was pretty filling. We also went back to Menchie's that evening and spent around $11.50. Initially we intended to go to Yogurtland since I have coupons for there, but their machines were not functioning. I also ate a lot of the chocolates from See's.

Yesterday I worked from 6 am to 11:30 am at the airport. I bought a Pepsi from the vending machine for $1.65 because I had not slept well at all. I decided to go to JC Penney's on my way home to use two 10$ off of 10$ coupons I had gotten in the mail that were expiring. Unfortunately I got on the wrong bus and it took me forever to get there. I had to use them in two different transactions. I decided on getting some underwear for Winter, and socks for Jeremy. Two things they've been needing. After the coupon and tax I got four pairs of underwear for under $4.00. The mens socks were all buy one get one half off, so I was able to get 12 pairs for $17.00 plus tax. I also bought some dacquiri ice sherbet at Baskin Robbins while I was there. My breakfast and lunch had been pretty light, and it took me much longer than I expected to finish my shopping trip. I spent about $5 on that. Jeremy spent 75 cents on a Diet Coke while we did laundry as well.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: protein bar
Lunch: peanut butter and honey sandwich, nectarine
Dinner: scrambled eggs with spinach and cheese
Snacks/desserts: See's chocolates, oatmeal scotchies, dacquiri ice sherbet
Beverages: Pepsi, water

Unless I am missing something that means we spent $77.18 on food in the last few days. It's easy to see how this can get out of control quickly. I need to start planning better and reign this in.

No comments:

Post a Comment