Saturday, August 16, 2014

What we ate 08-15-14

Breakfast: protein bar, bananas foster flavored Greek yogurt
Lunch: leftover pasta with turkey sausage picante sauce and cheese, banana
Dinner: chicken, cabbage, carrots, and rice with teriyaki sauce
Snacks/desserts: oatmeal scotchies, See's candy
Beverages: water

I bought a few things as well:

Yoplait yogurt (free Friday download) $0.00
3 peach Greek yogurts (reduced for quick sale) $.49 each, $1.47
14 oz quinoa $6.99
Small bag of delivered almonds from the bulk section $.35

Total after 3% discount: $8.55

I had to throw out three bananas which I had been saving for banana bread, because they got besieged by fruit flies and the peels had split open which was gross and weird. They weren't even close to black yet. I guess I have to start freezing them as soon as they get some spots.

Jeremy has been watching youtube videos from some bodybuilder who demos recipes. There are a few he wants to make. I am dubious, but I told him if I didn't have to cook it then I would try it. That is what the quinoa is for. I don't think we'll be buying it often. It's crazy expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment