Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Tuesday

Yesterday was a day off for me. I slept in late and got very little done. I did make a quick run to the grocery store, where I found out why we got charged $2.00 for the last box of protein bars we bought, instead of $1.00 like usual. Apparently they are currently on sale for $2.00 but if you buy five participating items you get another $5.00 off your total. So this time I bought two boxes of protein bars, two canisters of Crystal Light, and one package of English muffins, all of which were included in the get $5 off promotion.

What I bought:

2 boxes of protein bars ($1.00 ea) $2.00
Jimmy Dean turkey and bacon sandwich (Free Friday download) $0.00
1/2 gallon of 2% milk $1.50
2 canisters of Crystal Light ($1.99 ea) $3.98
6 English muffins $.99
Broccoli $.72

Total $9.19 minus 3% since I used a gift card purchased off of Raise.com $8.91


I made pepperoni soup for dinner and it actually turned out like soup. The recipe is pretty close to the first time I tried to make it in the crock pot, but it has a lot more water this time. It turned out good. I'd definitely make it again.

Breakfast: skipped
Lunch: leftover curried chicken and chickpeas, protein bar
Dinner: pepperoni soup
Snacks/desserts: lemon flavored muddy buddies, chocolate pudding cup
Beverages: water

Winter overslept and had a cereal bar for breakfast on the bus. She took some cashews, dried cranberries, and a granola bar for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment