Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I'm in San Diego and it's kind of hot here

It's in the 70's today. Maybe high 70's. I don't know, but I'm all sweaty. It was much cooler in Seattle when I left this morning. I am staying at a place I found on Airbnb.com for $55 a night. They have parrots. And dogs the size of small horses. I am renting a very small guest house in the back yard. It has a private bath and the room with the bed in it is maybe 8' by 10'.

I had to have four pillows for the class and rather than paying $25 for each checked bag to bring them with me, I bought them at Target for $4.04 each. I'll just leave them here when I go back. Of course I forgot to bring extra pillowcases though, so I also had to pay $9.99 for a set of two. I will be taking those back with me. I also bought some food so I don't have to eat out too much. I bought bread, peanut butter, honey, bananas, some tuna salad kits, some microwaveable soup cups, cashews, turkey pepperoni sticks, dried mangoes, apples, granola bars, and caramel apple Oreos. I also got some sandwich bags so I can pack lunch to take to class with me.

Last night on my way home I picked up a loaf of bread for $2.79, three bananas for $.67, and Jr. Mints for $.99. Our total spending for September was $448.46. Here's what I ate yesterday.

Breakfast: blueberry flavored Greek yogurt
Lunch: banana, salad with lettuce, quinoa, turkey deli meat, provolone cheese, and spicy ranch dressing
Dinner: leftover taco mac, cereal and milk
Snacks/desserts: PB cup cookies, Jr. Mints
Beverages: water

No comments:

Post a Comment