Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Monday and Tuesday, not a lot going on

Monday was kind of a trying day. I didn't sleep well at all. I had a pretty quiet day at work initially, but my hands were really sore, and I kind of just wanted to go home early. Right after I decided I would leave at five I got booked for a six pm appointment online, so I had to stay. While I was waiting the two and a half hours for my client to come in, the heat stopped working. We had a space heater in the room I was sitting in, so I didn't realize it until right before my client arrived. I had to fumble in a dimly lit room to plug the space heater in so my client wouldn't be freezing.

Anyway, I wound up leaving work half an hour later than I normally would at the latest, and still had to go to the store to buy Epsom salts. I also bought a package of Butterfinger cups for $.59. If you are wondering if these are good, they are.

I asked Jeremy to pick up milk and bread since I was already running so far behind. He spent $1.50 on a half gallon of milk, $2.50 on a loaf of bread, and $1.49 on a protein bar.

Winter made homemade (sort of) Hot Pockets with refrigerated croissant dough, leftover turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. She used her allowance to buy the croissant dough, two potatoes, and the stuffing mix. She made then to share with her friends at school, but she split one with me to make sure they were ok. I also ate a couple spoonfuls of stuffing, and a small bowl of mashed potatoes that were left over.

Breakfast: mango Greek yogurt
Lunch: last of the leftover lentils, apple
Dinner: stuffing, mashed potatoes, half a Thanksgiving hot pocket
Snacks/desserts: Butterfinger cups
Beverages: water

Tuesday I worked at the airport. I was kind of dragging so I made the decision to get a Pepsi from the vending machine for $1.65. That kept me going for the day. I considered not getting up early enough to pack a lunch, and just buying something there, like I used to do all the time, but I got up and did it anyway.

Our budget for the month is smaller because Winter will be going out of town this weekend, as well as for the holidays, but we still have holiday meals to make, and Jeremy wants to order pizza on Christmas, so I'm doing my best not to blow through it all too fast.

Breakfast: leftover scrambled eggs with turkey sausage, bell pepper and cheese
Lunch: chicken and cheddar cheese sandwich with dijon, apple
Dinner: penne pasta with the rest of the meat sauce from the freezer
Snacks/desserts: a couple spoonfuls of blue raspberry frosting, five green olives
Beverages: Pepsi, water, hot chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment