Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Last day of November wrap-up

We ended November having spent $448.39 with a budget of $450, so we made it in at $1.61 under goal! To be honest I wasn't sure we were going to squeak in under the line, but we still have tons of food left in the house.

Sunday morning I was getting out the crock pot to make turkey soup and I dropped it and the crock part broke. I was honestly only a little sad, because we've been taking about getting a bigger/better one for a year now. We found a 5 quart programmable orange one on the Target website on sale for $27, plus I got 5% off and free shipping by using the Target red card.

So Jeremy had to make the turkey soup, and he did an awesome job, despite the lack of appropriate seasonings in our cupboard. He used the turkey bone broth we made by boiling and reducing the turkey bones an  gross bits, plus added some chicken bouillon, a bunch of leftover turkey (we STILL have more!), leftover carrot sticks cut up smaller, and egg noodles. He seasoned it with garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and some kind of no salt seasoning blend. We have lots left over in the fridge.

Winter and I went to Seattle Sunday Assembly in the morning, where I had a cup of lemonade and split a cookie with Winter after service, and then I went in to work for five hours to cover for someone who left town for the weekend. When I came home there was awesome turkey soup! I am not a huge fan of turkey meat other than cold cuts and sometimes sausage, so the fact that I really like it is a huge accomplishment.

Breakfast: banana muffin with honey goat cheese
Lunch: chicken and cheddar sandwich with dijon, apple
Dinner: turkey noodle soup, leftover roll
Snacks/desserts: cupcakes, half a cookie
Beverages: lemonade, water

No comments:

Post a Comment