Friday, December 12, 2014

Sunday and Monday, been busy

Sunday Jeremy and I both had off. We went to get acupuncture in the morning. I got a call from the acupuncture clinic on Friday because I had emailed about volunteering at the front desk in exchange for free treatments, and they have openings coming up after the New Year. So hopefully that works out because it would save us about $200 a month.

After acupuncture we stopped at Rite Aid and bought three beverages for a total of $4.38. Jeremy was really thirsty and drank both of his before we'd walked two blocks. I recently joined a group on Facebook that operates like a hyper-local Freecycle. Someone was giving away a nearly full 64 oz bottle of a really good brand of sugar free chocolate syrup, so we walked over to pick it up. It wasn't very far, but it was extremely hilly. I was glad I had a drink with me.

We picked up one of Winter's Christmas presents before heading home. A little later we walked to Target to get wrapping paper, stocking stuffers, and Christmas tree stuff. We got rid of our big fake tree when we moved and wanted a small tabletop one. We also got some small garland, ornaments, and a tree skirt for it. I started getting really hungry at Target, realizing I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast. I bought a pack of two hard boiled eggs for $1.19 and a refrigerated turkey and cheese flat bread wrap for $2.19. We also bought a box of small candy canes for the tree for $2.49. So in total we spent $10.25 on food on Sunday.

Breakfast: caramel Mediterranean yogurt, protein bar
Lunch: hard boiled eggs, turkey and cheese flat bread wrap
Dinner: Campbell's cheeseburger soup, apples with caramel cream cheese, three fajita springrolls
Snacks/desserts: mini candy canes
Beverages: lemonade Mt Dew, water

Monday I went to work. I came home for about an hour after work and then took the Light Rail to the airport to pick Winter up. I spent $2.44 on a piece of ginger bread at Starbucks, which I shared with Winter.

Breakfast: coffee flavored Greek yogurt with walnuts
Lunch: leftover turkey soup, clementines, cinnamon roll cookie
Dinner: salad with leftover quinoa, lettuce, shredded deli chicken, dried cranberries, jack cheese, walnuts and balsamic vinaigrette
Snacks/desserts: ginger bread
Beverages: water

No comments:

Post a Comment