Thursday, January 15, 2015

Bad news, good news

So yesterday I had a blood draw. The kidney donor team was checking my blood type as a possible donor for Jeremy. They also checked my fasting glucose and A1C levels, since I had had a few abnormal levels last year. The good news is that all my levels are fine. The bad news is that Jeremy's  blood type is O, and mine is A. The donor coordinator said that this makes a paired exchange unlikely, as anyone who has a type O donor will usually just donate to their recipient directly (O types can donate to A, B, and AB). What we really need is a type O donor.

The good news is that at least one of the people who has submitted their paperwork so far is an O, one more who requested but hasn't submitted it yet is an O, and two more people who are type O asked me for the donor forms today.

No comments:

Post a Comment