Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Been very busy, and some good news

First the good news. Last Saturday Jeremy's  mom called him. They didn't speak for very long, but he found out she never had any other kids, and she remarried 34 years ago. She seemed happy to be talking to him. I'm really glad he got to talk to her. Hopefully they will continue contact.

I have had a horrible time with trying to keep up on my posts, and I'm trying to decide now what I want to do with this blog. I may try to simplify it some, or I may just stop posting. I'm not sure.

I decided to start doing occasional mystery shops again. I used to do them 6-7 years ago, and then stopped when I moved. I used to build routes and travel to do several in one area on the same day, but I don't think I want to get that much back into it. It takes a huge amount of organization. I am planning to just take shops that are walking distance or a really easy bus ride if it's something worthwhile. So far I have done a shoe store shop (purchase and return), a restaurant shop, a grocery store shop, and a coffee chain shop. I have another grocery store shop this weekend. Pay and reimbursements for these seem to have really increased since I last did them.

I have also decided to quit working at the airport. Instead I will be picking up a half shift at my regular job on Wednesday mornings. I don't remember if I said so or not  but the acupuncture clinic I was going to volunteer at doesn't need me right now after all, as their usual person is not going to be leaving, it turns out. This was somewhat of a blessing in disguise since the shift that was available at work was for the same day and time.

I had a blood draw this morning for donor testing. They only work up one person at a time, so they are doing my work up first.

Breakfast: two hardboiled eggs, strawberry raspberry and walnut Orchard bar
Lunch: (work meeting paid for at a restaurant) warm spinach, pear, and bacon salad with blue cheese, vinaigrette and quinoa
Dinner: sauteed rainbow potatoes and red bell pepper with olive oil, and cayenne pepper, topped with sour cream, jack cheese, and cilantro
Snacks/desserts: 1/2 croissant (shared with Winter and free as part of a mystery shop), coffee and donut ice cream
Beverages: water, decaf white chocolate mocha (free with mystery shop)

No comments:

Post a Comment