Friday, February 6, 2015

Free chicken sausage, and sweet GF haul

Yesterday my boss asked if I eat chicken. I said, yes I do, and he said there was a bag of organic chicken sausages in the fridge and to take them home. He had eaten one and didn't like it. There were 11 left! I have no idea why he didn't like it, but we all thought it was really good. They are very garlicky.

For lunch I made a salmon salad sandwich with avocado, using the brown rice bread. I toasted it this time, and that vastly improved the experience for me. It's still not what I would call a tasty bread, but on a sandwich it is thoroughly inoffensive.

I went to QFC on the way home for bananas, and checked the reduced for quick sale section. They had a whole bunch of gluten free Graham cracker style pie crusts, gluten free spaghetti, and gluten free stuffing mixes marked down to less than $1.50 each! I got two of each. I also picked up last week's Free Friday Download, a box of 5 South Beach bars, four bananas, and a bag of pretzels chips. Jeremy took the pretzel chips and one of the tubs of spicy hummus to work today for a potluck they were having. In total we spent $15.

Breakfast: granola with nut milk, walnuts, and bananas
Lunch: salmon salad sandwich with avocado and lettuce on brown rice bread, two clementines
Dinner: organic chicken sausage, broccoli, red bell pepper, seasoned organic quinoa
Snacks/desserts: pecan pie Lara Bar
Beverages: water, Blue Sky Zero ginger ale

No comments:

Post a Comment