Monday, February 2, 2015

New month, new challenges

So I have been having some problems for a while with pain in my legs, and after doing some reading I may have possibly pinpointed what could be causing the issue. So in an attempt to help with the pain I am trying an anti-inflammatory diet, starting now, or at least as soon as I could. I plan to follow it as written for a month or so, and if it helps I will try reintroducing foods that are not allowed one at a time to see how I tolerate them.

The diet is fairly restrictive. Wheat, dairy, and sugar being the three biggest things I shouldn't have that I normally eat, and the alternatives are all pretty expensive. I'm going to do the best I can to just eat things that are already free from wheat and dairy rather than buying special gluten and dairy free foods. A few things, like milk and bread, will be pretty hard to live without though. At least the Alpha-Bits cereal I got for my birthday is wheat free, and ok in moderation!

On top of that I have noticed huge price jumps on many produce item a lately at QFC. Green lettuce has gone up from $1.99 to $2.99!

Jeremy went to Grocery Outlet yesterday morning and spent $10. He bought eggs, 6 bottles of Mio, a big box of Boo Berry cereal, and two grape flavored Chobani yogurts.

On my way home from work I went to QFC and bought:

Green lettuce
Two bell peppers (red and yellow)
1 lb strawberries
4 bananas
A head of broccoli
1/2 gallon coconut milk
2 frozen pie crusts (I thought they were GF but they were just in the same section of the case. Grr.)
Olive oil mayonnaise

I spent $17 total. I made curried lentils with carrots in the crock pot and had some for dinner when I got home.

Breakfast: protein bar
Lunch: peanut butter and jelly sandwich, apple
Dinner: curried lentils with carrots and fresh cilantro
Snacks/desserts: banana with peanut butter
Beverages: water

No comments:

Post a Comment