Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Monday and Tuesday recap

Monday I worked from 11-5 at the downtown Convention Center. Here's what I ate:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with cheese
Lunch: peanut butter and jelly sandwich, Greek yogurt tube
Dinner: sriracha glazed chicken with bamboo shoots, celery, and rice
Snacks/desserts: snickerdoodle ice cream with goat milk caramel sauce, blueberry Petite Cream
Beverages: water

Jeremy met me after work and we walked to QFC. We bought pretty much everything else we'll need to get us through the end of the month. Tonight Winter is going to help me make a hu-normous pot of vegetable soup. I also got some broccoli and cheese to make chicken, pasta, and broccoli with cheese sauce.

Here's what we bought:

10 bag of frozen pre-cooked quinoa (RFQS*) $1.99
Snickerdoodle ice cream $2.50
2 Lean Cuisines ($2.00 ea) $4.00
8 Petite Cremes** in assorted flavors (RFQS at $.29 ea) $2.32
1/2 gal 2% milk $1.50
Mt Dew Kickstart $.99
3 bottles of goat milk caramel sauce (RFQS at $.99 ea) $2.97
box of mac and cheese $.89
2 cans of petite diced tomatoes in juice ($.79 ea) $1.58
jar of baby dill pickles $2.99
Cocoa Krispies $1.79
Honey Bunches of Oats $1.79
8 oz shredded pepper blend cheese $1.99
2 lbs carrots $1.29
.64 lb cauliflower $1.27
.66 lb dried garbanzos $1.18
green bell pepper $.79
4 bananas $1.10
zucchini $1.08
yellow squash $.86
.29 lbs green beans $.58
.58 lbs broccoli $.57
2 Yukon gold potatoes $1.13

*Reduced for quick sale
** It's a new product, similar to Greek yogurt, but less tart. It is made with ricotta I think.

Total after Raise 3% discount $36.04


Yesterday I worked at the airport early in the morning. I had to get up at 6 am after getting home around 11 with Winter, and not getting to bed until after midnight. Winter made some raspberry jam and brought a jar with her, so I had that on my sandwich for lunch. Winter helped me make a pizza from scratch for dinner. I mixed some garlic and Italian seasoning into a little bit of the turkey sausage from the freezer to top it with.

Breakfast: vanilla Petite Creme
Lunch: peanut butter sandwich with Winter's homemade raspberry jam, banana
Dinner: pizza topped with mozzarella, green bell peppers, and Italian seasoned turkey sausage.
Snacks: snickerdoodle ice cream with goat milk caramel sauce
Beverages, iced coffee with simple syrup and cream, water, Coke Zero

For the big surprise I took Jeremy and Winter to see To Be Takei at the SIFF Cinema Uptown in Queen Anne. They are both huge fans of George Takei. It was a really great documentary. I cried a couple of times. It's about his relationship with Brad, his experience in the Japanese American internment camp during WWII, and his acting career, plus his political and social activism. Winter was the only one there who wasn't an adult, which was kind of funny to me. I think this movie was pretty appropriate for pre-teens on up at least.


Our only spending yesterday was on an iced coffee for me at the airport, which was $3.00 with tax and tip, and on a large Coke Zero at the theater. A jaw-dropping $5.50. I am sort of fine with that though since it is a small independent local theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment