Friday, August 29, 2014

Wednesday and Thursday

I have been trying for a while to update our total spending in the sidebar, but blogger is acting up, at least on the tablet. Will have to remember to do it tomorrow.

Yesterday Winter had Freshman orientation at her high school all day. She got her schedule and locker, had her school pics taken, got her ID, and got to know some of the other students. They provided pizza for lunch, and she got a school t-shirt with her class year on the back. For the fall semester she will be taking:

Honors Biology
Honors Geometry
Honors 9th grade Language Arts
Honors World History
Health Education
Spanish 3

Next semester will be the same, except she will be taking the 9th grade PE class instead of health. It's a pretty demanding courseload. High school is very different from when I attended. It's like a completely different language now.

It was unbearably hot yesterday. I spent way too much on cold things to eat and drink. I regret nothing. I carried a water bottle with me, but honestly it got warm too quickly and was not all that refreshing.

While Winter was at school I went for a lengthy walk with my friend, Joel. We stopped at QFC where I bought a can of black beans and a can of pinto beans from the scratch and dent section for $.49 each. We stopped at McDonald's and got vanilla cones which cost $2.83 with tax.

After I picked Winter up from school we stopped at the drug store and got sodas. I got Jeremy and I each a can, and a 20 oz for Winter. We spent $4.10 there. Later that evening Jeremy and I walked to QFC again to get cat litter, and we spent $1.00 on a sugar free sparkling water which we shared on the way home.

Today I had to leave work a couple hours early to go to Winter's school for the Freshman parent's orientation. It was somewhat useful. I still don't really understand the language. Many of the parents there were a good 15-20 years older than me, so I can only imagine how they must feel.

Jeremy talked to a non-profit group that does free after school crossfit classes, and is planning to try to volunteer. I also asked a lot of questions about opportunities for drama extracurriculars. Winter is planning to try out for the fall school play. They also do a musical in the spring, but you have to take the class, which she wouldn't be able to do without dropping Spanish. She's not as much into singing and dancing anyway.

Last night we made a huge pot of veggie alphabet soup for dinner, and had 22 cups left over. We froze most of it for future quick meals.

Wednesday's food:

Breakfast: strawberry Petite Creme with sliced banana
Lunch: skipped
Dinner: veggie alphabet soup, buttermilk bread
Snacks/desserts: vanilla soft serve cone, snickerdoodle ice cream
Beverages: water, cherry Coke, sugar free sparkling water

Winter had cereal for breakfast and pizza for lunch at school.

Thursday's food:

Breakfast: oatmeal with berries, half and half, and brown sugar
Lunch: blueberry Petite Creme with sliced banana, leftover alphabet veggie soup
Dinner: Kraft homestyle Mac and cheese (made by Winter)
Snacks/desserts: protein bar
Beverages: water

Winter had leftover pizza for breakfast and cereal with milk for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment