Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Winter made dinner last night

She made pupusas which are a traditional Salvadoran dish. They are basically a corn tortilla stuffed with cheese and beans, but she was having trouble with the structural integrity and they wound up more like pucks. I think I was supposed to buy masa harina instead of corn flour, but she told me corn flour. She also put chopped green bell pepper in them, which I think made them not hold together as well. They tasted good. We all enjoyed them.

We were going to make oatmeal scotchies last night too, but we only had one cup of oats left. I will buy some today after Winter gets home from school. She wants me to go to the thrift store with her so she can get what she needs for her Halloween costume.

Breakfast: banana bread, pineapple Greek yogurt
Lunch: sandwich with Turkey, goat cheese, and lettuce, honeycrisp apple, chocolate and peanut butter pop tarts
Dinner: pupusas with refried beans, cheese, and bell peppers
Snacks/desserts: dark chocolate pudding, strawberry pastry crisps
Beverages: water

No comments:

Post a Comment