Friday, October 17, 2014

Yesterday was such a bust

Although we have all kinds of food in the house, it is mostly just unprepared ingredients. Combined with the fact that I waited too long to get ready for work yesterday, I woefully under packed my food for the day. The result of this was that by the time I got off work at 7:00pm at the airport I was ravenous. I got a Big Fish combo at Burger King for $6.34 and large chocolate frozen yogurt for $5.25.

When I got home I found that Winter had gotten a container of pepperoni soup from the freezer, and heated it up. She also cooked a couple more cups of pasta to add to it, so it wasn't really soup anymore. I ate a bowl of that too.

Breakfast: chocolate strawberry flavored Greek yogurt
Lunch: peanut butter and jelly sandwich, apple
Dinner: BK Big Fish sandwich, small fries, leftover pepperoni soup with added pasta
Snacks/desserts: chocolate frozen yogurt
Beverages: water, Sprite mixed with lemonade

I could have easily spent more, so I'll just call it a partial fail. I left really early yesterday because I was doing a usability study at the Julep Beauty headquarters for their new app. I worked there for five years as a manicurist, and still keep in touch with many of the current employees. For my troubles I got a free tote bag with a bottle of nail polish remover, a bottle of hand cream, two nail colors, a lip gloss, a glass nail file, and a cuticle oil. I do like their products, and still purchase a lot of them.

Their monthly subscription box is pretty cool. Since they launched the option to be able to customize your box each month I haven't skipped a single month. I have hundreds of nail polishes at this point, so I only go for the skin care and makeup items now though. I've also gotten the last few boxes for free as some of my orders have been late or messed up recently, and they gave me a bunch of rewards points for my troubles. Not complaining. I'd have paid for them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment