Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Thursday and Friday

Thursday I lounged around too long before leaving for work, and didn't pack a lunch. I went to QFC at lunchtime and bought a Marie Callender' s frozen entree with chicken strips and mac and cheese for $2.00. I also got a banana for $.28. I also spent $4.24 at Menchie's.

Jeremy met me after work and we went to QFC again and bought whole wheat buns for $1.49, a medium sized bag of sour cream and cheddar potato chips for $1.49, and a peach flavored sugar free sparkling water for $.89.

When we got home I made lentil sloppy joes. After doing this a few times I recommend boiling and draining the lentils and then adding them to the sauce. Otherwise the acids slow the cooking time way down. In my sauce I used ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, brown sugar, honey barbeque sauce, and a finely shredded carrot. The carrot cooks down a lot and carmelizes in the sauce, so it's barely noticeable in the finished product. It doesn't taste anything like carrots. Dried onion would be good too, but I keep forgetting to buy it.

Breakfast: skipped
Lunch: chicken strips, macaroni and cheese, banana
Dinner: lentil sloppy joes on whole wheat buns with colby jack cheese, sour cream and cheddar potato chips
Snacks/desserts: mini candy canes, caramel and mint chocolate cookie frozen yogurt with cream cheese icing and cookie dough balls
Beverages: water, peach sparkling water

Friday Winter stayed home sick from school and didn't go to art class either. When I got home from work I watched Miss Congeniality with her. We had various leftovers for dinner. Jeremy bought her some chicken noodle soup and Sprite at Rite Aid. He spent about $5.00.

He met me at work and on the way home we stopped at QFC and bought:

3 boxes of various cereal ($1.49 each) $4.47
Granola bars $1.49
Praline frozen yogurt: $2.99
4 lb bag of clementines $3.99
2 bags of reduced clementines (about 6 or 7 per bag at $.99 each) $1.98
Arnold Palmer drink $.99

Total: $16.01

Breakfast: caramel Mediterranean yogurt with walnuts
Lunch: lentil sloppy joe on whole wheat with cheddar, apple clementine, cinnamon roll cookie
Dinner: lentil sloppy joe on buttermilk bread with cheddar cheese, Clementine
Snacks/desserts: brownie ice cream and praline frozen yogurt with sugar free chocolate syrup and walnuts
Beverages: water

No comments:

Post a Comment