Thursday, July 24, 2014

What we ate (and bought) 07-24-14

QFC has cherries on sale for $2.49 a pound right now. Just when I think they will not get any cheaper, they do. I have spent so much on cherries this summer, but last year I didn't buy any because I never saw them go under $4 a pound. So I blew $5.60 on another bag of cherries. And they are so worth it. I also bought a jar of salsa for $1.79, and Dreyer' s German Chocolate ice cream for $3.00. That leaves us with just over $14 to finish out the month. It will be tight, but doable.

I finally had some of the yellow split peas I made in the crock pot for lunch today. They were a little boring, but good. Just enough flavor. I cooked them with dried onion flakes, dried garlic, olive  oil, turmeric, and paprika. They bulk up a lot. One cup dried turned into 4 cups cooked.

For dinner I thawed out some pot sticker wrappers and chicken filling I had not used up, and made the rest of them.

Breakfast: vanilla latte yogurt, protein bar
Lunch: leftover yellow split peas, leftover carrots and green beans
Dinner: chicken potstickers, cherries
Snacks/desserts: German chocolate cake ice cream
Beverages: water, Crystal Light

Tomorrow Jeremy is getting laser surgery on his right eye around noon to remove some cloudiness behind the lens. He is supposed to be able to see fine with that eye right away, but just in case there are issues with that I am going with him. His other eye has a cataract, and he has basically no vision in that one right now. So if his vision is blurry enough in his right eye after surgery (his seein' eye, as he calls it) he'll effectively be blind. I'll be going in to work for a few hours after his surgery  and maybe in the morning before, if I get any bookings.

No comments:

Post a Comment