Monday, July 21, 2014

What we ate and what we bought 07-20-14

banana bread French toast with goat milk caramel

I saw something about banana bread French toast online a while back and thought I'd give it a try. It was pretty good, but the caramel sauce was maybe a bit much. I think it would have been better plain, or with some fresh fruit. It sure stuck with me a long time. I did not get hungry at all until dinner time, which is good because I was pretty busy at work. I took a PB sandwich with me but I didn't eat it till I got done at 6:30.

I decided to cook a lot of extra food last night so we'd have some leftovers. Jeremy got a fistula graft surgery this afternoon, and I am working late on Tuesday and Thursday.

Breakfast: chocolate banana oatmeal bread French Toast with goat milk caramel
Lunch: nothing
Dinner: parmesan crusted cod, macaroni and cheese, green beans and carrots with garlic
Snacks/desserts: peanut butter sandwich, strawberry sorbet, Reese's peanut butter cup Oreos
Beverages: water, Dr Pepper Ten

same plate, different food

We went to both QFC and Grocery Outlet. Jeremy wanted more energy drinks from Grocery Outlet but sadly they were out of the ones he likes.

QFC:
4 boxes of 6 protein bars ($1.00 per box. I really cannot believe these were so cheap. I wonder if it was a pricing error?) $4.00
.45 oz cod (reduced for quick sale) $1.34
.25 oz dried onions $2.00
.71 lbs green beans $1.07

Total $8.41

Grocery Outlet:

20 oz. Diet Dr. Pepper $1.09
dried minced garlic $.99
4 pack of coffee flavored yogurt $1.29
1 qt half and half $2.49
20 oz BBQ sauce $.99
2 lbs. turkey deli meat $5.99
Lemon flavored SF energy drink $.79
Mandarin flavored SF sports drink $.50
5 Mio/Crystal Light water flavor drops ($.99 each) $4.95
2 frozen entrees ($1.99 each) $3.98
Reese's peanut butter Oreos $2.29
Pint of Haagen Dazs strawberry sorbet $1.49

Total $26.84

No comments:

Post a Comment