Thursday, August 7, 2014

Going to Texas, work stuff, and an update on the plants

I talked to my mom tonight and she will be in Texas for the family reunion from Oct 7-14. Most of the rest of the family gets there on the 8th. I don't want Winter missing too much school, and since I will be in San Diego from the 1st through the 6th, missing a lot of work is also a concern. So we'll be going down the morning of the 11th, and coming back the evening of the 13th. The tickets cost $888 for all three of us. On the upside, there will be nothing  to spend money on once we are there, because we will be in the middle of nowhere.

Jeremy has been looking for an internship/job as a personal trainer. He has contacted a few places already and is planning to apply at Gold's Gym on Broadway as well. He'd like to work a couple of evenings a week and Sundays, in addition to his regular job,  which he works at very early in the day Tues-Sat.

A rare opening came up for a mid day shift on Tuesdays at the airport. It starts in the middle of September. I decided to take it. I am also working 8 extra hours per week at my regular job since the first of August. Hopefully that won't be too much to be sustainable.

Mom said I should dig up the potatoes since the plants were drying out. I got 7 hamster sized potatoes. I think I just planted them too late, but out wasn't a very big planter box either. The radish plants all bolted then died. The carrots and beets are still tiny and sad. I have officially given up on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment