Saturday, September 20, 2014

A really long Thursday

Thursday I had an appointment at a nearby massage school for a student clinic session right after work. This school only does student clinic sessions every few months, but they only cost $10 so I jump on it when I can. Afterwards I went to the grocery store. I left before 10 am and didn't get back until 10pm.

I set up the crock pot before I left with 1 1/2 cups of dried pinto beans, which I had started soaking the night before, 1 can of petite diced tomatoes, 1/2 a green bell pepper, chopped, and 3 turkey sausages, sliced. The turkey sausages gave it plenty of flavor so no other seasonings were added. After leaving for work I realized my lunch was going to be a bit light for the long day ahead of me. so I stopped at QFC and bought two hard boiled eggs for $1.99 and a banana for $.25.

After my massage session I went to QFC to pick up more bread, milk, fruit and veggies, and some really good sale items: fancy pasta and Greek yogurt. I got three lbs of cavatappi, two lbs of fettucini, and one pound of another kind of noodle I had never seen before. Cavatappi makes the best macaroni and cheese. I may go buy more of just that one before the sale is over, because it's usually way more than I am willing to spend.

A little over 4 lbs of honeycrisp apples $10.63
6 lbs of assorted pasta shapes ($.79 ea) $4.74
6 flavored Greek yogurts ($.39 ea) $2.34
2 1/2 lbs of bananas $1.80
1/2 gallon 2% milk $1.50
Buttermilk bread $2.79
1 1/3 lbs broccoli $1.30

Total spent $29.10


What I ate:

Breakfast: banana bread, coffee flavored Greek yogurt
Lunch: leftover veggie alphabet soup, two hard boiled eggs, banana bread, carrot sticks with hummus, banana
Dinner: pinto beans with turkey sausage, tomatoes, and peppers
Snacks/desserts: champagne grapes
Beverages: water

No comments:

Post a Comment