Saturday, September 20, 2014

Homecoming 2014

Winter had her high school homecoming dance tonight from 9pm to 12am. I had thought she was going to skip her art class tonight, but she decided to go to the first half of it and then go to the dance after. Luckily she said she was advised by several people not to dress up a lot, so this took going home in between to change out of the equation. She wore the headband and used the small handbag we had bought on Wednesday, but will save the fancy dress for another time. She wore a circle skirt from the 50's that used to belong to my mom's aunt, I believe.

This was a change in plans for me too, because it meant I was going to stay at work until 8, take her to the dance, then walk back home. The dance was three miles away from her art class, so we decided to wait for a bus rather than walk it. I didn't get home until almost 9:30, so rather than waiting until I got home to eat we stopped at the grocery store before waiting for the bus to the dance. Winter had not eaten much either aside from a few snacks after school.

We bought two Odwalla bars for $1.00 each, an apple for Winter for $1.22, a banana for me for $.25, and a package of Skittles for $.50 which we shared.

I ate a frozen entree when I got home, and waited for the dance to finish so I could go pick her up. The buses had quit running by then, so we walked the mile back home.

She says she is all "tired and sweaty" in this picture.
Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: banana bread with peanut butter
Lunch: last of the leftover veggie alphabet soup, banana, apple, bagel with cream cheese and smoked turkey
Dinner: Odwalla bar, banana, frozen entree of veggie pot stickers and fried rice
Snacks/desserts: raspberry cranberry Greek yogurt, Skittles
Beverages: water

Winter said she packed dried cranberries, crackers, a granola bar, and apple sauce for her lunch, and after school she had more dried cranberries, cashews, and a cup of pineapple tidbits.

No comments:

Post a Comment