Thursday, September 18, 2014

Going to the dentist sucks

This morning I went to the dentist again to get my last filling done, and have impressions taken for my partial. The first impression did not turn out right, so it had to be redone, and both times I gagged on the trays badly. And for the filling they had to go back in and do more painkiller injections four times after the first one, because I continued to be able to feel the drill. I wasn't able to feel or move my mouth normally until after five pm. Thank goodness that eventually I was not able to feel the drill so they could finish. At least I got another free bag of pretzels out of the deal. I gave them to Winter.

This afternoon I used four of the old bananas we bought recently to make banana bread. I use this recipe but I reduce the sugar to half a cup and skip the salt. I also added a teaspoon of vanilla this time. It turns out nice and moist as long as you are careful not to over mix or over bake it. I also like to wrap it in tin foil while it's still cooling so the crust is moist also. That makes it much easier to cut, and you can get thinner slices.

Winter did not get a part in the main fall play at school so today she stayed after to audition for a series of shorter plays. After she got home I took her to Ross to get her a bra that will work with her homecoming dress, and also got her a cute headband with a bow, and a small shoulder bag so she can keep her phones and wallet on her, but not have to hang onto them all night. We spent about $27 there so including the dress her homecoming outfit was $37 before tax. She is going to borrow a pair of my shoes since we wear the same size. We also spent $.59 on a bag of candy corn flavored M&M's at Walgreen' s  We shared.

Breakfast: English muffin with cream cheese, coffee flavored Greek yogurt
Lunch: leftover veggie alphabet soup, nine grain bread with butter
Dinner: chicken stir fried with carrots and celery, with white rice and teriyaki sauce
Snacks/desserts: candy corn M&M's, banana bread, raspberries  and champagne grapes
Beverages: water

Winter took a Lunchable and a yogurt for lunch today. I'm not sure what she ate for breakfast, but she also had some banana bread when she got home.

Jeremy was awake until after midnight last night with a bad headache and he kept vomiting. This is the second time it has happened in two weeks. I guess he'll have to ask his doctor about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment