Friday, August 22, 2014

Got home late last night

I usually get home by 8:00 at the latest, but last night I wasn't even leaving the grocery store until after 8:00. I picked up a couple of frozen side dishes to go with the frozen Morningstar Farms BBQ riblets we had already. We didn't eat until around 8:45. I will need to remember to keep a frozen pizza or something on hand for stuff like this once Winter comes back, so at least they can get dinner started without me.

It seems like Jeremy's interview went well, but he won't find out until Monday.

I bought the following at QFC yesterday. I left the chocolate milk, bananas, and protein bars at work. The person before me had left a coupon for $2.00 off your next shopping order at the U Scan, so I used that too. Cool!

1 qt chocolate milk $2.19
Box of 6 protein bars $1.00
4 large bananas $1.28
1 huge nectarine $1.77
Frozen single serve Chili's pepper Jack Mac and Cheese $2.50
Green Giant frozen vegetables $1.00
1 quart of half and half $2.29
2 lbs brown sugar $2.59
2 Yukon Gold potatoes $1.22

Total $15.84
minus $2.00 coupon
$13.84
minus 3% from using GC purchased on Raise
$13.42

The frozen vegetables I bought were the Green Giant antioxidant blend. I normally do not like frozen veggies as I find them to be watery, mushy, rubbery, and lacking in flavor. I really liked these. They are not as good as fresh veggies to me, but I would get them again in a pinch at that price. Normally they are $2.49 for two servings.

The Chili's mac and cheese is actually awesome, I am picky about frozen mac and cheese as well, but this one is worth it. It's super creamy, and the peppers give it a nice flavor, but not really spicy. One container has enough to make a side dish for two people.

Breakfast: chocolate milk, nectarine
Lunch: small amount of leftover chicken teriyaki stir fry, banana, protein bar
Dinner: Morningstar Farms vegetarian BBQ riblet, pepper jack mac and cheese, mixed vegetables
Snacks/desserts: white cheddar with cracked pepper, another protein bar
Beverages: Crystal Light, water

No comments:

Post a Comment