Friday, June 20, 2014

Chicken Fajita Pizza


I used this recipe to make the crust, but I put the bowl in a warmed oven while prepping the toppings so it could rise a little. I also reduced the salt to 1/4 t, and I used powdered sugar instead of granulated since that was what I had. The yeasts like it just fine.

For the sauce I mixed 1 T chili powder, 2 cloves of garlic, and 1/2 T cumin in with 7 oz of tomato sauce.

Rub 4 oz of chicken breast with chili powder, and grill for a few minutes. Let it cool, then shred. It's ok if it's slightly undercooked. It will cook the rest of the way in the oven, and you don't want it to overcook and get dry. Cut 1 bell pepper into strips. I used the other halves of one red and one yellow pepper used in last night's tacos.

Spread the sauce evenly over the pizza crust, and top with pieces of chicken and pepper, then cover with 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, and a dash of red pepper flakes.

Bake for 15 minutes at 450 degrees, and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting.

I made this pizza in the morning before work, then covered it with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge, so when I got home we just had to toss it in the oven. That gave the crust time to rise a little more too, but it really doesn't need to. I've made this crust before and baked it immediately and it was good, just not as puffy.

I cut it into 12 pieces. Nutrition info is for 1/12th of the pizza.



No comments:

Post a Comment