Monday, June 23, 2014

Meals and snacks for 06-22-14

Jeremy made dinner

Jeremy made dinner last night. His recipe is a closely guarded secret, but I know for sure there was chicken, brown rice, reduced fat sour cream, and an entire jar of salsa. I liked it, anyway.

After dinner we walked to Yogurtland on Broadway. I stumbled upon this website called Raise.com, where you can buy previously loved gift cards at below face value. I bought a 10$ card to Yogurtland, because we either go there or to Menchie's once a week on average. It cost me $8.80, and the shipping was super fast. We spent $10.92 total, so after the gift card discount it was $9.72. I'll be keeping my eyes open for more Yogurtland gift cards on there. Jeremy got the new raspberry lemonade sorbet topped with pineapple and mandarin oranges, and I got peanut butter cookies and cream with cookie dough balls and chocolate sauce.

Here's what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: French toast with cherry pear compote
Lunch: coconut Greek yogurt, had boiled egg, cherries and strawberries
Dinner: Jeremy's chicken, salsa, sour cream and rice stuff
Snacks/desserts: frozen yogurt with toppings
Beverages: Crystal Light, water

Jeremy had French toast for breakfast also, and I think he had lunch, but I'm not entirely sure. He did mention drinking one of the energy drinks that was on top of the fridge.

Today I am working the late shift at the airport, so I won't be cooking anything. Just eating some leftovers, maybe make a sandwich for work. Whatever.

Jeremy is at his kidney doctor now. He said he's getting referrals to begin the transplant process. That must mean his GFR has dropped to 20 or below. It's kind of good, but I don't know that we are financially ready for this. I don't know if we would ever be. He is also supposed to get surgery to remove a cataract in about 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment