Monday, June 23, 2014

Meals for 06-23-14

Breakfast: carrot and cranberry granola with milk
Lunch: leftover chicken sausage and bean soup, grilled cheese sandwich, nectarine
Dinner: tuna salad, crackers, pear, banana
Snacks/desserts: none today
Beverages: Coke Zero, water

I was worried about getting the tuna salad through TSA. They are usually pretty ok when it comes to employee lunches, but every now and then you get that one TSA employee that is super by the book. I have heard stories. No issues today though. 

I know Jeremy ate the rest of the whole-jar-of-salsa chicken and rice for lunch, and he skipped breakfast. He left no clues as to what he had for dinner, other than a dirty saucepan in the sink.

He says his GFR is still at 23, which is good. I had been under the mistaken belief that they would not refer him out for pre-transplant testing until it dropped to 20 or lower, but it turns out that he just won't get credit for time on the transplant list until then. If it works out that we can find a live donor, then it may not ever be an issue.

Tomorrow I don't work until 2, so I may just spend part of the morning doing another pantry/fridge/freezer inventory. The single biggest money saving strategy I employ when it comes to food is to plan my meals based on what we already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment