Thursday, July 17, 2014

Buckling down

Ok, we are just barely halfway through this month, and have around 80$ left to spend. We have 5 lbs of chicken breast, lots and lots of tuna, carrots, radishes, old bananas, bread, pasta, rice, and couscous (which is also pasta).

I'm planning to make some oatmeal banana muffins. I have enough flour for one batch, and then I'll have to get another bag. We can also do some smoothies with the bananas. There is still enough potsticker filling and wrappers in the freezer to make a dinner out of it. We have a couple of flour tortillas left, and I'm planning some chicken fajitas for tonight. We can make a stir fry with chicken, rice, carrots and that one chunk of cabbage that is left. I don't have a lot of ideas for couscous. Maybe a chicken noodle soup, but use couscous instead of noodles? Good way to use carrots too. I can pick up some lettuce and use the chicken and radishes in a salad. Chopped radishes are also good in tuna salad.

We can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment