Saturday, July 19, 2014

What we ate and what I bought 07-18-14

stir fry with chicken, water chestnuts, carrots, cabbage, and sweet and spicy glaze

I made a stir fry for dinner last night and used this recipe for the glaze. I also added slivered almonds, and we ate it with white rice. I have figured out that the secret to using cabbage in stir fry is to add it at the very end, and only fry it for like a minute. Otherwise it gets overcooked and limp and isn't very good. It seems kind of "duh" in retrospect, but there you go. I also found out how to do matchstick cuts, finally, from reading a cooking magazine. Next time I'll do photo tutorial.

Breakfast: chocolate banana oatmeal bread
Lunch: leftover quiche, nectarine
Dinner: chicken and vegetable stir fry with sweet and spicy glaze and white rice
Snacks/desserts: more chocolate banana oatmeal bread
Beverages: Dr. Pepper Ten, Crystal Light, water

I also picked up a few things at the store yesterday:

2 lt. Dr. Pepper Ten (it was the free Friday download at QFC) $0.00
5 lbs all purpose flour $2.69
8 oz Kraft shredded cheese, cheddar blend (on sale with digital coupon) $1.49
Turkey pepperoni $2.99
.05 lbs slivered almonds from the bulk bins $.35

Total $7.52

No comments:

Post a Comment