Monday, July 14, 2014

What we ate 07-14-14

I am posting under the influence of narcotics this evening. I still have half a bottle of them left over from when I injured my shoulder at the gym three years ago. If I filled every script I have gotten since then and sold it on 3rd ave by the crappy McDonald's I'd have enough money to have gotten a root canal and crown instead of having the tooth brutally ripped out of my skull. I'm not really all that into painkillers I guess.

By the time I got home from the dentist I was already feeling an ache through the lidocaine, so I decided to crack open the reserves. Glad I did.

For those of you who have never had the pleasure of having a tooth extracted without some kind of sedation, allow me to fill you in. It's terrifying. Avoid it. It didn't hurt, but I felt the pressure all the way through my skull. Plus all the sickening "cracking" sounds I could have lived without. Adult teeth are really hard to dislodge. I'm honestly surprised my blood pressure didn't crash through the floor.

I had planned on making a quiche tonight, but once I got home I was like, "ha ha ha NO." I'll make the quiche tomorrow. Jeremy made me a shake with vanilla yogurt, milk, and a scoop of protein powder.

Here's what I ate today. I'm still kind of hungry, so I may have another protein shake later.

Breakfast: marionberry yogurt, banana
Lunch: leftover bean and vegetable soup, strawberries with honey and lime juice
Dinner: shake made with milk, vanilla yogurt, and protein powder
Snacks/desserts: nothing yet
Beverages: Crystal Light

Jeremy had a ham sandwich for dinner. Don't what else. Probably more different sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment