Sunday, July 13, 2014

What we ate 07-12-11 and 07-13-14, and also some groceries

Last night we had this pasta dish for dinner, with a few adaptations. I used the penne pasta with extra fiber, broccoli and carrots, tuna, and 3 oz of Lancashire cheese. It turns out that Lancashire cheese is pretty strong, so we used a little less than usual.


I tried that Zico coconut water with pineapple juice that I got for free, and really did not care for it at all. It's just really bland to me. I figured it would be pretty inoffensive in a smoothie though, and with some yogurt and frozen mango added it tasted just fine. It was very fruity and refreshing, and I could still taste the pineapple and coconut. Apparently coconut water is very high in potassium.

07-12-14
Breakfast: smoothie made with pineapple coconut water, vanilla yogurt, and frozen mango
Lunch: sandwich made with honey and oat bread, chipotle chicken, caraway havarti, and dijon mustard
Dinner: pasta with tuna, veggies and cheese sauce
Snacks/desserts: apple with cashew butter and honey, key lime sugar cookies
Beverages: water, Crystal Light

Jeremy bought an iced tea for $1.69. I'm not sure what he's been eating lately other than a lot of sandwiches. Oh, and he had a peanut butter Power Bar yesterday for breakfast. I know that.

Tonight we went out for dinner to a local burger place in our neighborhood called Freddy Junior's. My coworker told me they make their veggie burgers with Field Roast, and since Field Roast is pretty much my most favorite thing ever, I was sold. Freddy Junior's has slider sized burgers, and they are all $2 each or less. We sat at the bar seat by the front window, since it was the only open seating available, and witnessed a violent altercation between two people of somewhat ambiguous gender. Not a terribly uncommon occurrence in lovely Capitol Hill. I enjoyed the burgers, and would definitely have them again. Jeremy said he liked the veggie burgers more than the meat ones. We spent $21.23 total.

two veggie sliders and some Cajun fries
fighting couple not shown
We also went to Yogurtland after dinner to try their new cosmo sorbet flavor. They were also supposed to have a caramel macchiato flavor out right now, but they must have been out. We had earned a free 3 oz reward on our Yogurtland card, and the total there was $7.94. I thought the cosmo sorbet was pretty good. It's cranberry and lime flavored, and I could taste both of those things. It's not too tart and not too sweet. They have quite a few flavors coming out in the next few months I am looking forward to trying.

he already ate the pineapple off of his

On the way home we stopped by QFC to stock up on some more produce. We bought 3 bananas for $.70, 1 pound of strawberries for $2.00, and 2 pounds of carrots for $1.29, for a total of $3.99.


07-13-14
Breakfast: oatmeal with teff grain, half and half, goat milk caramel and slivered almonds
Lunch: sandwich with oat and honey bread, chipotle chicken, caraway havarti, and dijon mustard
Dinner: two veggie sliders with cheese, lettuce, tomato, and stuff, I also tried one Cajun fry
Snacks/desserts: cosmo sorbet and raspberry pomegranate frozen yogurt with gummy bears
Beverages: water, root beer, Crystal Light

Jeremy had a sandwich before I left for work today. He also had two veggie sliders and two beef sliders, a small order of Cajun fries, and a soda at Freddy Junior's. At Yogurtland he got cosmo sorbet and strawberry lemonade sorbet with pineapple and maraschino cherries.


a touching moment between my husband and step-son, Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment