Saturday, July 12, 2014

What we ate and what we bought, 07-11-14 plus the news from my dentist appointment (not good)


Jeremy made dinner last night. The chicken was cooked well. The pasta was cooked well. The sauce was... oh dear god. The sauce was a mixture of mustard, honey and Sriracha. Not something I'd have put together and mixed with pasta. But I appreciate the effort.

Breakfast: Cocoa Krispies with milk
Lunch: salad made with cabbage, radishes, grilled chicken, slivered almonds and ginger sesame dressing
Dinner: mustard pasta
Snacks/desserts: sugar cookies
Beverages: water, Crystal Light

I also stopped at the store and got the following:

Lofthouse key lime sugar cookies (reduced for quick sale) $2.00
1 pint of half and half $1.49
2 6 oz blackberry yogurts ($.39 each, reduced) $.78
Peanut Butter Cookie flavored Powerbar (had a free coupon loaded onto my QFC card) $0.00
Zico pineapple flavored coconut water drink (also free) $0.00
.89 lbs broccoli $1.59

Total: $5.86

I went to the dentist this morning about my broken tooth. Apparently the damage goes into the root, and it's infected. So my options are to get a root canal and a crown for $800, or an extraction for $100. I also had to spend $1.45 on a round of antibiotics. I am going with the extraction because we really don't have $800 to spare. Suckssssss. I am going back on Monday to have the tooth pulled. At least the exam and x-rays were covered at 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment