Monday, July 7, 2014

More grocery shopping + what we ate 07-06-14

I went back to QFC and got 6 more 12 oz boxes of pasta for $.49 each. That, plus what I already have, should last us 3 or 4 months. Maybe more.

We also went to Grocery Outlet today and bought:

3 frozen entrees ($1.99 each) $5.97
8 oz shredded pepper jack cheese $1.99
3.7 lb variety pack of deli meat $3.99
8 oz. chipotle chicken deli meat $1.99
8 oz. Cajun turkey deli meat $1.99
12 oz. plum preserves $1.69
dijon mustard $1.29
Wolfgang Puck four cheese pasta sauce $1.99
butter toffee Rice Krispie treat $.50
20 oz. Diet Dr. Pepper $1.09
24 oz ketchup $.99

Total $23.48

Jeremy also bought a Rock Star this morning. He's not sure how much. We'll call it $2.50.

Here's yesterday's food I ate:


Breakfast: French toast with strawberries and a banana
Lunch: turkey and havarti sandwich on a King's Hawaiian bun, cherries
Dinner: burritos with baked whiting, cabbage, and a tangy cayenne lime sauce
Snacks/desserts: cinnamon roll ice cream, cashews, M&M's cookie (my coworker gave me)
Beverages: Crystal Light, water

I don't even remember what Jeremy had yesterday other than dinner.

I'm not sure how I feel about the whiting fish. I squeezed a lime over it, sprinkled chili powder, wrapped it in foil and baked it. The filets have the skin on, and even though I removed the skin after baking it, the flavor was kind of briny. I don't mind strong tasting fish, but I'm not really a fan of the briny flavor some types of fish have. Next time I cook it I will attempt to remove the skin first, and see if that helps.

The sauce we used on the burritos was good though. Jeremy found a recipe on some forum somewhere. He thinks it may have been myfitnesspal.com. Anyway, we wound up adjusting some of the proportions, because as written it wasn't all that good. It mostly tasted like mayo, and was too thick.  Here's what we put in it after "fixing" it:

1/2 cup lite mayo
juice of one lime
3/4 t cayenne pepper
1/8 t oregano
1/8 t dill
1/8 t cumin

burrito on a cat plate

No comments:

Post a Comment