Thursday, July 10, 2014

Some work and health updates

So I may not be taking that shift at the spa in Bellevue after all, because my boss at my main job offered me more hours today. I would be coming in two hours earlier on the four days I currently work. It would be a total of 35 hours a week, so I am thinking if I took up the offer I should probably make that my only job. 35 hours is a lot of work for  massage therapist. I'm going to give it some thought. Having three days off would be pretty nice, but if I had a slow week or two, I wouldn't have any other paychecks coming in to fall back on. I'd like to think I could just work sub shifts on a very occasional basis, but I also know I have a tendency to say yes to everyone and overbook myself. On the plus side I would also save $40-50 a month in bus and train fare since I walk to that job.

On that note, I finally have a day off on Monday. I can almost taste it. Oh, and my boss brought in a microwave too, so I can now take leftovers for lunch!

Jeremy got his veins mapped  today for the fistula surgery. He said they didn't have to use an ultrasound because they could see them quite easily. I laughed so hard. He has the most vascular arms I have ever seen on someone who wasn't a professional bodybuilder. He has veins popping out on his fingers. His fingers. Really. So his vascularity may have saved us the cost of an ultrasound.

He's scheduled for the fistula surgery on the 21st, which quite luckily is one of my four days off this month. He is also getting a minor procedure on his eye to remove some cloudiness from behind the lens. They were going to do it on the 24th, but they moved it to the 25th. He should be able to see fine afterward (operative word being "should")  but I'll still go into work late that day, just in case. The eye doctor is only one block away, but I don't want him stumbling around trying to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment