Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Taco Bell breakfast menu reviews

My first mistake was wearing the most fitted, least stretchy, pair of pants I own. Combining the fact that it was over 90 degrees outside yesterday, and that I ate enough sodium before noon to last me for three or four days, it made for a certain amount of physical discomfort. When I got home from work that night I was like a pissed off Bruce Banner.

breakfast of champions

I ordered the following: 1 AM Crunchwrap, 1 sausage waffle taco, a 4 piece Cinnabon Delights, and a coffee with 1 pump of non-dairy creamer and 1 sugar.

waffle taco, aerial view
I ate the waffle taco first. I don't have a very good relationship with red meat, especially pork products, and I had a choice between sausage and bacon. I went with sausage as sometimes it has enough seasoning to disguise the porky flavor. The waffle taco was probably my least favorite item  sampled yesterday. The ratio of sausage to everything else was too high for my liking. The sausage was pretty greasy as well. The eggs were... weird, but I have no complaints about them. The taste and texture was good. It came with syrup, which I did not use. I couldn't really get behind syrup on top of eggs and cheese.

AM Crunchwrap, exterior view

AM Crunchwrap, cross section
 My next experience of Taco Bell's innovative culinary delights was with the AM Crunchwrap. I also went with the sausage on this one. Steak and bacon were the other options. This was my favorite item. Although it has exactly the same amount of sausage as the waffle taco, the ratios of sausage to other stuff is much more favorable. I didn't notice the sausage much at all, really, and could theoretically hold the sausage in the future.  It also had the same weird fluffy eggs, a hash brown, and some spicy kind of cheese sauce. It didn't taste like their nacho cheese sauce. More like a chipotle cheese sauce. The flavor of the sauce worked really well with the other ingredients, without being too spicy. Would have again.

Cinnabon thingy
The Cinnabon Delights were the last to be eaten. To be fair, I was nearly in a coma by the time I got to them. They are basically hot donut holes, filled with icing and coated in cinnamon sugar. If that sounds good to you, you will love these. Although I did like these, they are super sweet. They come in bags of four or twelve, and I cannot even imagine eating twelve of these at once.

The coffee was also fine. I am not a coffee person, so I can't be of much help there. It was big. At least 16 oz. Had I known how large it was I'd have asked for another pump of creamer.


No comments:

Post a Comment