Monday, February 16, 2015

Maybe I won't die from this

Maybe. Yesterday was brutal. I am so glad I took a couple of days off work. There is no way I could have worked in this condition. I was sneezing so violently yesterday that I messed up my pecs somehow and now every time I sneeze I get a sharp pain across my upper chest.

Today I feel much better, but still in no condition to go to work. And I shouldn't be touching people anyway. Plus I got four hours a of actual sleep last night. My throat isn't hurting and I am much less stuffed up now. My nose runs nearly constantly though, and occasionally I have coughing fits as random bits of whatever come dislodged from my sinuses. Ok, sorry for the TMI.

Yesterday my plan was to make a special Valentine's dinner since I worked a ton on Saturday. I made chicken breast with a cranberry white wine reduction (Exact same thing as the chicken with cranberry white wine glaze I made a couple weeks ago, but it sounds fancier, huh? And I do have to reduce the sauce, so there.), gluten free cornbread stuffing, and green salad with cucumbers. I sent Winter to the store for a cucumber and she spent $3 on an English cucumber. Yes, that is exactly what I meant. Grr. It is delicious at least.

For dessert I made a chocolate cream pie using the gluten free chocolate crumb style pie crust, and avocados and dark chocolate. I roughly followed this recipe for the filling, but used coconut milk instead of almond, and 1/3 cup honey instead of the agave nectar. I let it set in the fridge for a few hours. It's quite dense and rich, but not overly sweet. The texture is nice. You'd never guess it's avocado. The avocados I used were very ripe brown, and it didn't affect the outcome. I probably overdid it a little on the dark chocolate yesterday, but that's ok.

Breakfast: Alpha Bits cereal with nut milk
Lunch: egg flower soup
Dinner: chicken in a cranberry white wine reduction, gluten free cornbread stuffing, green salad with ginger sesame dressing
Snacks/desserts: 1/4 bar of dark chocolate, dark chocolate avocado pie, dates, walnuts, cherry Lara Bar
Beverages: half a can of Blue Sky Zero ginger ale, lots and lots ofnwater

No comments:

Post a Comment