Sunday, February 15, 2015

Uggggghhhh

I have finally succumbed to the family cold. Horrible. It hit me about halfway through work today. I am taking tomorrow and Monday off. Tuesday I have off anyway. Hopefully I am better by Wednesday. I don't get sick pay, so missing work is not good. At least Sunday is not a normal work day for me, so I'm only going to miss one full day. Depending on how I feel on Wednesday I might extend my hours a bit to help make up for it.

Yesterday I made egg flower soup for dinner. I used sodium free chicken bouillon, garlic, dried onion, lots of ginger, some corn starch, and a bit of salt for the broth. I also put the rest of the spinach, the rest of the broccoli, and a carrot into it and three eggs. It really needed sesame oil too but I forgot to add that until after we ate some. There were 8 cups of leftovers.

I bought a bag of dark chocolate chips, and spent about $3. I have plans for them tomorrow.

Breakfast: black cherry Silk yogurt, banana nut muffin
Lunch: tuna salad sandwich on brown rice bread with lettuce, two clementines
Dinner: egg flower soup
Snacks/desserts: none
Beverages: cocoa mint coconut milk, water


Jeremy went to the store today and spent $16 on broccoli, a bag of frozen chicken breast, a box of Tofutti Cuties (They were on sale cheap and he thought I could have them but forgot they have wheat in them, so Winter is happily eating them). On the way home we went to Menchie's and spent $9.

Jeremy made dinner. He made chicken Stir fry with carrots, broccoli, yellow bell pepper, brown rice, and a spicy apricot glaze. We got a hand blender the other day with a food processor attachment (I had some reward $ to spend on Wayfair.com) and he used it to chop all the veggies. The carrots looked like something out of Fargo, and the broccoli was totally pulverized. He tried though, bless his heart. At least it tasted good. That which I was able to taste anyway. Damn this cold.

Jeremy gave me some fancy dark chocolate bars for Valentine's Day, and I gave him some white chocolate raspberry Quest bars. Winter got some Red Velvet Oreos and a small box of chocolates.

Breakfast: banana nut muffin
Lunch: leftover egg flower soup, tuna sandwich with lettuce
Dinner: chicken and veggie stir fry with brown rice and spicy apricot glaze
Snacks/desserts: 1/3 of a dark chocolate bar with ginger, pomegranate raspberry sorbet with strawberries and blackberries
Beverages: water


No comments:

Post a Comment